Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chermesh

NT Network sharing problem

Hi,

I'm running an NT workstation (ver. 4, SP 6a). The station is connected to an NT server.

I would like to access my workstation using a dialup service. Each of my drives has a default name (C$, d$

and E$). These have been shared for administive purposes and their ermissions can't be set (I get this

message when i try to change them). I've defined an

alternative set of share names (DriveC, DriveD, and DriveE), which include share permissions.

For some reason I face the following problems:

1. When I try to locate my workstation from an NT Workstation, the machine isn't seen in my network

neighborhood. The

Start=>Find=>Computers traces the workstation, but fails to identify its location (I can still access it by hitting

the icon).

For a win95 computer, the situation is even more bizzare. When I locate the workstation after running a

search, all I get is a

prespecified drive (The C$ drive, which is not open for sharing), and a request for a password.

My questions are as follows:

1. What is it that prevents to disclosure of the location of my workstation while accessing from another NT

2. How do I make my sharing drive definitions (DriveC, DriveD, etc.) available for a win95 system?

Ran

------------------