Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ancker

group policy editor (how do I specify groups?)

Once i enable or disable settings in the gpedit.msc on win2k server. How do i set which groups they apply to...can it be set..?

thanks

Ancker Jade

Each setting in the group policy manager should have the groups you want to apply the particular setting to. Such as logon locally would show Administrators, Server Ops, etc.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

they dont' in the group policy edit. Yes i see that in the Local Policy Editor...but not in group...you can only enable, disable, or have it not configured.

Maybe i'm missing something...

please explain better.

Ancker

Do you have a domain that you are working with?

------------------

Regards,

clutch

And you have groups assigned to that local machine?

On my PC at work, I can open the local security settings, and edit each entry to assign users and/or groups to each function. Now, why are you trying to use the group policy editor? Are there specific software settings that you are trying to lock down? Explain why you are trying to use it, so that I can get a better idea of what you are looking to accomplish.

BTW, the group policy editor on my box works on the local machine by default, and I can assign both local and domain accounts to it.

------------------

Regards,

clutch

OK.

I want to disable things like "lock computer" and "disable run command" for certain users. BUT NOT myself.

and when i go into LOCAL policy editor i cannot find these items...but they ARE listed in group policy editor.

and there are only the 3 setting "enabled, disabled, not configured"

how do you assign accounts to the group editor?

I'd also(on my machine at work) DENY local logons to everyone on the domain (except for me and a few others)

How would i do this..I know how to use the local policy editor. and i know i can't add the "everyone group" to the list or NO ONE can log on.

There a way to say...EVERYONE....BUT...??