Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
danman2000

win 2k reboots every 20 minutes

i need your help

windows is rebooting mostly when iam online and ie 5 is running first i thought it was winamp and ie 5 but also it could be the graphiccard the geforce 2 mx.

some of the geforce driver from nvidia are not working because there are some files missing by the installation.....

I have a

k6-2 450

a gigabyte board with ali chipset

soundblaster 16 pci

256 mb ram

geforce 2 mx

Another question:

how can i change the irq for the cards because my soundblaster my ethernetcard my graphiccard and my agp port is using the same irq

please help

Have you tried to install the service pack to correct some of the file damage? You may want to install the service pack and then reinstall the drivers.

One dumb question; is it by chance an evaluation (or hacked/cracked) copy? The regularity you mention is just kind of odd, that's all. I have heard of expired eval copies of NT rebooting every 6 hours, so I don't know if this applies...

------------------

Regards,

clutch

Go in CMOS and remove 15-16 Mb memory hole. This causes random rebooting in Windows 2K.

Do you have the Gigabyte GA-5AX? I have a friend who has that, and a couple of people on this forum who have had trouble with this board. It seems that the board doesnt like video cards too well.

As for the IRQs, leave them alone. Unless you really want to get a headache, leave them alone. Theres nothing you really want to mess with. I can personally attest to the only way to change these settings results in a reinstall of Win2k. I dont really try to reinstall unless things screw up really bad.

I have the same problems too.....I have a Geforce 2 mx too......The problem seems to be the videocard. Before rebooting you get a blue screen and it says something with a nv4_disp.dll...... This is the dll that uses windows for the display adapter ( Geforce MX ). I'am looking for new drivers now...Also if you look in directx diag....you will find an unciertified driver....gues what driver that is......The nv4_disp.dll......So if you find drivers, i'll be glad to hear from you... Bye