Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

Brightness with Games and Monitor, please Help.

Ok, about a year ago i had to revert back to my 15" Compaq Presario 1525 Monitor after a freak accident with my NEC 19", Everything is dark on my monitor even with the brightness contrast knobs all of the way up, i can fix it with my gf2mx's twinview tab under color correction, the only problem is that when i go into a game or run 3dmark, its too damned dark to see and in other games i have use use console command to brighten the gamma and stuff, just wanted to know if there was a prog out that that would let me fix this prob.

This is probably of little use to you, but I remember some of the old drivers that came with Diamond cards (and others) that would have utilities for storing the graphics settings of different applications (like games). I *think* powerstrip will do the same thing. But then again, I don't use it and it's just another worthless, wild-a$$ guess...

smile

------------------

Regards,

clutch

well i use the det 11.01 drivers and they allow me to fix the gamma and stuff for everything 2D, but for god's sake i can't even see the benchmarks being ran i 3dmark 2000 and 2001.

if possible, try using a different refresh rate. Some monitors will show some refresh rates better than others. You might also try lower your resolution and see if that helps.

i know that you're talking about CUViper, but that doesn't help either, the monitor itself doesn't go any brighter, basically i want to know if there's a utility or REG setting that allows me to set the gamma and brightness for D3D and OGL games and apps.

ok, used powerstrip, only now when i get into a game i have to raise the gamma via a hotkey combination, but at least it works, thanks guys.