Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JBoDEAN

Norton Ghost

I recently put WINME on my computer. I have 3 hd's and 6 partitions. Last night I put Ghost 2001 on, and imaged it under high compression. I got an image file that was 1.1gigs. Do I have any options on how I can get this size down, or back it up to cdrw, without having to reinstall/format? I know I can only hold around 650 megs on a cd, and this image file is double that. I don't know what to do, or what the easiest solution is. Please help

I have never used Ghost 2001, but I am quite familar with Ghost 6.5 Enterprise which is capable of imaging a drive and separating the image into CD-sized pieces so that you can restore from the CD disc set without having to unrar or something first. I am pretty sure Ghost 2001 can do the same. Check out the following page for information and instructions regarding this:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/gho...7f?OpenDocument

When you create your boot-disk with Ghost2001: use the command-line option and write: -split=625 ; the ghost-file will split in files that are 625MB

okay ...here it is plane and simple....do a search for *.mpg *.asf *.mov ...there is a sample movie in the movie of some kid on a scooter...program files/moviemaker ...that one takes up 300mb...then remove the extra screen savers... *.scr...leave the marquee one though...and do a search for *.hlp...remove the the help for the games and stuff...you can also remove some of the *.bmp files....and go into the program files online services folder and remove aol,msn,earthlink, or whatever folders that are in there...this should bring your ghost down to a size that can fit on a cd rom....