Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Down8

Anyone have a Whistler ISO?

I'm just kididng about the ISO.

I was interested in knowing what you think the chances are of a bum like me getting chosen for a beta-tester. Does MS usually choose IT people, or do they spread out the testing over a broad base of people? I'm guessing they would actually be less likely to choose me because I am a student, with a high speed connection, which makes me more likely to throw it up on a w4r3z server [not that I would, I keep my w4r3z to myself ;)].

I may be getting a Network Admin job, so I'll probably get a TechNet subscription, but in the mean time, I was wondering who beta tests MS' stuff.

-bZj

Well i know beer works for beta testing most things. Im not sure what you have to bribe M$ with to get on the beta list laugh

You have to show Microsoft that you can and will make an impact of the testing of this product. It would be nice if everyone who wanted it got it but thats not how it works. You need some background in testing other products or possibly do support for Microsoft or another vendor. That is how I have been included in Beta's in the past.

Good info.

I'm pretty sure I could 'make an impact'. I can crash anything. laugh 10 minutes alone with a machine - Windows, *nix or Mac - and it's going down. More oftent han not though, I can also figure out what went wrong, and fix it. Not that I could present proof of this to MS.

Anyway....

-bZj