Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ThC 129

jerky mouse movements in 2276

exactly, but it's not the GUI that is screwing up his mouse..

by the way, DosFreak...the slowness is not on all the systems in the world, it doesn't lag on me, it doesn't lag on my friend's system, it doesn't lag on my cousin's system, these systems are not super fast or anything....your comment about it being slow should be from your point of view, you make it sound like everyone agrees with you....

DosFreak = Hitler...whatever he says must be true and you must follow his and only his orders...

Well every person I know who has beta tested Whistler has noticed the slowness of the GUI. I have the Whistler 2296 Personal straight from Microsoft. So can I have your magic build of 2296? wink

(I did have a page long rant but I erased it and decided to write something shorter. Previous was too much flame material. smile )

no **** the GUI is gonna be slow. Becauase its BETA wtf, do you expect it to be its a beta OS man. There will be things that get f'ed up in it from now until it goes gold christ these aren't even RC's they are beta builds so its gonna take time to get the brand new gui working right.

Well, I sure am glad to see that the spirit of camaraderie is still alive and well and living in this section of the board:-)

------------------

Shrink

92% of the things we worry about don't happen - but the other 8% DO!

PIII 650@850

BE6-II Mobo with 320 mb ram

20 gig Quantum KX 8 gig Quantum CR

SBlive Value

All In Wonder Radeon 32MB

... and a bunch of USB Stuff

Windows 2000 Pro Retail

heh....somebody still sends viruses out to me...I just got an e-mail with a virus attached to it today...do they think that I wouldn't have anti-virus software...whatever...it was probably Arin wink or that goof from Windows3000 JoteSite

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 22 December 2000).]

[This message has been edited by jdulmage (edited 22 December 2000).]

Stupid batch file boys. wink

No one makes any real viruses anymore. It's this stupid email crap. My nick-name for 'em is batch file boys. smile

I wanna see a REAL NT virus. Like one using streams! Now that would be neat.

Ok, back to the slow gui issue. Yes, the GUI is very slow, try rezising windows and you will notice its a little laggy. However, that was not wat I and jdulmage saw as a problem, it was the mouse that lagged at menu fadings and other things.

It was NOT there in earlier builds, same GUI but not mouse-jerking (err no pun intended or something). However, beta 1 is just as slow GUI (window rezising) as any other builds I have tried with the skinning options.

With the skinning turned off, it is just like old win2k. Fast but ugly imo. Ok then, I tried installing new mouseware but it refused to install.