Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red

Windows xp desltop please help!!!

Does anyone know how to get rid of the 'For testing purposes only' display in xp 2428, I know that you can lock web items but this makes the icons look ugly, is there any other way?

Thanks in advance

How many times do you have to post this fukin topic... i swear this is the 5th time i've seen it.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by whoisurdaddy:
yes, you can remove it. There is a registry file you will have to run to remove it.</font>

Ok where do you get it? Or better yet what is the reg key that you have to modify.

[This message has been edited by Four and Twenty (edited 06 March 2001).]

this cant be done in 2428 give it a rest christ and is it that annoying to see the small white print in the bottom of the screen i find it cool actually because then people look at that and say 'cool'.

i don't mind it but i was asking this kid to post the reg key to prove what you have just stated that i can't be done. If you actually use your computer how often do you even see your desktop?

yea, for real, if you don't like it then don't use betas of XP, why do you want to turn it off? so you can impress your friends by lying to them saying that you already have the final product cause you are an "Official Microsoft Super Duper Beta Tester" that has special privileges?

Red.....the Super Duper Beta Tester is here at your service, he doesn't need to know how to turn off the "DesktopPaint" thing anymore, didn't you hear? He's got the RTM of Windows XP, would you gladly tell us the build Number Red? Oh, stupid me, thats right, only Super Duper Beta Testers can know this Top Secret Stuff.

Very easily. Right click on the desktop, choose arrange icons, and select Lock items on desktop and the "for testing purposes" text will go away.