Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
imtim83

Windows XP

Can Windows XP really play dos games in full screen and sound like sound blaster support?

Sorta hard to beleive cause why cant win2k do the same thing since its based off the same win2k kernel i think. Do yall think in sp2 or more win2k updates win2k will beable to play dos games in full screen with sound blaster sound support ? and support more games/hardware , etc ?

or is windows xp just the plain better OS ?

the reason i am asking all of this is because i want 3 of my games that dont work on my win2k pro to work on it cause i hate dual booting with windows 98 frown

BTW how much ram does windows xp need to run well not just good

i got 256 mb of sd ram but wondering if i should go higher if i ever went to windows xp home edition or windows xp pro.

one more thing how will this product activation thingy work frown doesnt sound too good. Thinking it will make windows xp not as good as a OS if it didnt have it

any more infomation you can give me or suggest about windows xp please tell me and it will be greatly appreicated

Thanks

yes it plays "most" old dos games with pretty good sound support. WinXP is based off the same kernel that win2k was, its not based off win2k itself. SP2 "may" incorporate new compatibility. In my Opinion XP is better, even in the beta stages. WinXP will almost run with 64mb ram, i'd say at least have 128, and for the best experience i'd have between 256 and 384. If i were you, i'd go with the pro version, its more powerful and supports 2 cpu's (incase you wanna go dual's someday) The Activation thing is BuLLsh1T!! It WILL be cracked, trust me on this. WinXP (for me) right after startup and Login uses about 103MB ram when its idling, through normal use, i usually hit a peak at about 300mb or so, as you can see, 256-384 is a must.

sounds pretty good

hope nascar revoultion , twisted metal 2 and sim theme park run on windows xp.

or maybe win2k pro if MS comes out with more patches on games/apps!

wish i could get these games working on win2k i really do