Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

WMP + DVD Playback!? WTF?!

ok, i am using 2446, and i was playing around with WMP when i discovered it could play dvd's, well, i started to watch Hackers, and over the course of a few days i watched others, now when i try to watch a dvd it tells me i have no compatible dvd decoder card installed, WMP never worried about it before, so why is it now?????

Um, I better get my "hands" on a cable modem first. smile Here in the sticks, i'm stuck with a 56k connect. Should only take me 4-5 days to d/l beta 2. smile I'm stuck with beta 2416 for the moment. Never tried to play a DVD in WMP though.....

what pisses me off is the fact that i know that WMP will play dvd's without a decoder card because i was frickin watching dvd's without one installed.

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Questionnaire:
Um, I better get my "hands" on a cable modem first. smile Here in the sticks, i'm stuck with a 56k connect. Should only take me 4-5 days to d/l beta 2. smile I'm stuck with beta 2416 for the moment. Never tried to play a DVD in WMP though.....</font>

hey i got a modem 2
only takes a day and a half i think it is well worth the effort i have downloaded every new build that i could get my hands on
and beta 2 is gonna be the shiznit. I am downloading as we speak. Slow and steady wins the race. um er well at least finishes the download.

Down8 - dude, i really don't know man, i was playing around with it, i was ripping a dvd and wondered if WMP would play a ripped vob file, then i was like, oh what the hell and started playing around with it, it played Hackers and many other fine, now it asks for a dvd decoder.

Cody - i don't know, i wouldn't ask if i did.