Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ultrix

These forums and their changes = thumbs down

I have one major complaint, the forum search not accepting input less than 3 characters. I have problems with choppy dvd playback on my win2k computer but i cant search the forum for "dvd" because its less than 4 letters. it was never like this before. Also i had issues with SMP and my soundcard, but i cant include SMP in the search because its too short. I dont like to ask questions again that could have been previously answered, it annoys people. What gives?????

Many popular search tearms like w2k, ide, dma, ram, irq, etc., important stuff like these are unsearchable. And i find this unacceptable.

Ultrix

Quote:
I have problems with choppy dvd playback on my win2k computer but i cant search the forum for "dvd" because its less than 4 letters.

4 is the default setting in vB. I change this now to 3 smile

The best thing, providing cookies are enabled, is the fact that I dont have to log on every time I post something. smile

There will always be a question that has been answered, but sometimes you cant find it for one reason or another, so you have to ask. Thats happened to me, Im not trying to be annoying, but sometimes, I just cant find it.

The new search engine is *much* better

Hay what happend to my senior status, I had it before the new format?

I'll get over it.

Regards

Joe

its not that i hate ntcompatible forums now, they are a great resource. i also will admit i like how much faster the searches go, but i am disapointed with the fact that such a prominent message forum will only allow searches for strings longer than 4 chars.

Quote:

its not that i hate ntcompatible forums now, they are a great resource. i also will admit i like how much faster the searches go, but i am disapointed with the fact that such a prominent message forum will only allow searches for strings longer than 4 chars.

Read the other replies - Philipp already said that he changed it to 3 for you

haha I know I can be such a pain at times, well I like you Brian Frank haha.

Enjoy your day

Chears

It's cheers dude, not chears.

Eddie, man you don't seem to like opposition do you? He is not saying Nt compatible is fuked, he just is merely commenting on the search function in the new forum software.

Some people in here should just step back a touch, and not be so eager to jump at someone.

Phillip, What happened to the 'rating a member' function?

Sorry Dude CHEERS.

Ok Dude

Cheers

There is no 'rating a member' feature in vBulletin. I think this feature is not really necessary.

Fair enough. I think on the whole the new forum software is much better.

Jmd, sorry I didn't mean to sound like an arrogant wanker smile

Chears

- Card