Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ahearnb

Question about Nero

I am wondering about the erase function of CD-RW's in Nero. The first option says it will erase all the physical data on the CD - that's self explanitory. But the second option says,

"Quickly erase entire CD-ReWritable. CD will appear to be empty, but data is not physically erased. Use this option with caution if the CD contains confidential data."

How does this work? I tried doing it one time, but the CD-RW could not be read in my DVD-rom drive or my CD-RW drive - while using Nero or otherwise. I've heard it just erases the table of contents on the CD. If so, is there any way to be able to get to the contents of the CD? I am just curious as to if anyone has done this....thanks!

Brad

when a CD-RW is quickly erased the Table of Contents (TOC) is Erased NOT the data. By erasing just the TOC it will erase the CD faster but may cause problems if you write and re-write data onto the CD-RW. I would say for every 3 burns on an RW do a full erase. As for getting the contents of a CD after it has been erased i don't think there is a way to do it but i could be wrong.

thanks for the reply thc!!

anyone know if you can get the data back??

Brad