Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

HP PSC 2110 xi all in one

The printer prints extremely slowly(even on fast function)....how do i fix this? And is there any prog i can get that will support the scanner on it...i use fedora....currently sane doesn't support it, at least i looked and didnt' see it.

Daum

Yea, these multi-function printers.scanners are a problem. Remember, they are designed to run in a Windows environment, that is why HP drivers are available for Windows only.

Did you ask HP about Linux drivers? They should be aware that they have customers using Linux that want to use their product.

P.S. You might be interested in the following;

http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php?product=396

Mattah, It's always frustrating when moving from Windows to Linux in that, there are certain pieces of hardware we've already bought that simply won't work in our new OS's environment. I've got a Visioneer scanner that's a boat anchor since I have no Windows OS installed anywhere to run it. Chalk it up to another sacrifice we make in order to enjoy real freedom. smile

The good news is, there are always folks in the community looking for ways to make unsupported hardware work. Let's hope someone figures out a way you can use that scanner/printer!

Found this topic trough Google... I have the same device, but it is not connected 2 my computer (Mandrake 9.2 with Gnome) but behind a different computer (win98SE). Can someone help me on the way on which Driver I need and which additional software (like Samba?) I need for this.

The printing is the only thing I care about, the scanning and Copying I do not use...

thx in advance..