Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pinky

Myst III on Win2k anyone?

Has anyone had any success with Myst III: Exile and Win2k? I can do the install, but crash to a blue screen right after starting the game (after the splash screen).

I just installed DirectX 8a and am running the Detonator 3 drivers for my Nvidia GeForce 2.

- Pinky

Lucky Dog I have wait for this game to get to my store it not fair.

Yeah, we get things pretty quickly down here. I got it running in software mode, which looks better than I expected. But I feel like I'm missing out without the Direct3D graphics.

I must say, it brings back some memories. The first puzzle is just like the old ones. Enjoy it when you get it, and let me know if you get it working with Direct3D in Win2k.

- Pinky

works fine for me in d3d mode I have an abit be6-II with a p3 866 overclocked to 910 with 768 ram geforce ddr running 2k sp1 dx8.0a, hope that helps, but you might want to try the no cd crack sometimes that can change things or break things wink

frown If you cannot start the game in Direct3D you likely have a Voodoo2 or 3 card like myself. The documentation for the game says that if you do have those cards there is nothing you can do but run the game in software mode, which is no good. I have been putting off getting a good card for a long time but I dont think I can anymore.

Actually, Peejay, I have an Nvidia GeForce 2 card, not a Voodoo. No luck yet! I've emailed UbiSoft, but haven't gotten anything but a "download the latest video drivers" yet.

well i was playing it in win2k on a geforce 2 card, no problems, there is a patch on their web site, tried that?

Tom

Worked for me right out of the box with no patch. D3D looks great. Great game. My system specs are listed below.

Got it. I did a complete uninstall, reinstalled the Detonator 3 drivers from Nivida, did a reinstall, installed the 1.1 Myst 3 patch, the new Win2k service pack 2, and I finally have hardware acceleration. *sigh*

Not sure what finally did the trick. The game looks a lot better when it's not so grainy.

- Pinky

Yeah it is a beautiful game. Wait until you get to some of the other worlds. They are incredible.