Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RussellWild

Movie Maker

Hello:

I own (legally) both Windows 2000 and Windows Me, although I only use 2000 (he he, no surprise there!). The Movie Maker in WinMe was however, quite useful for me because of the tiny files it can create.

I found all the files in the cabs on the WinMe CD and copied them to my C drive in a new folder. The program runs fine but when I try to import an avi or wav into my collection I get an error saying "This file cannot be imported. Make sure that it is a valid file type and that its contents have not been corrupted."

I know the files in question are OK, because I imported them perfectly under WinMe.

Any tips on how I can get the thing working? I know it will be in XP but I'd like to use it now if possible!!!!!

Thanks,

Russell

Well, if you have the beta of XP you could try to move the Movie Maker over into Win2k, since the code for those two are much closer than the one for ME.

I never said I have the WinXP beta, and I don't. Why can't you faggots around here just answer the damn question?

Quote:

Yes thats the way to get help, call every faggots.

Uhh...hey, russellwild, I dont think too many people do what your doing...so dont call me or anyone else here a faggot.
Best solution is to buy a 3rd party program to do the video editing, mainly because MM is pretty limited and there's the Microsoft proprietary format.
I just suggested taking MM from XP---IF YOU HAD IT, DUMBASS!!!!!!!!! mad

Sorry we dont know every single possible scenario about computers...

Is it possible, I have found the files on the WinMe cd. But can not get it to install. Has anyone else had success.

If somebody does, could they extract the files for the Movie Maker and post them so myself or others could try to install them on Win2K.