Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cardinal

Boot from cd does not work with my Abit Be6 II mobo

I have more or less accepted this problem as just being an error with the board but recently a thread I read reminded me of it.

I own a Abit Be6 II revision 1.2 motherboard. The boot from cd function has never actually worked. There isn't actually a setting 'boot from cd' so I just set my CDROM as the first boot device

However this never has worked. Never. Strange. I have tried many 'bootable' cd's and none of them work. In fact the cd rom does not even appear to be read upon boot, It just goes straight to the hdd. My cd drives (the burner also) work fine in the actual OS it's just this feature. Hmm.. strange, can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance lads.

- Card

" I don't like the fps way of measuring performance, it's too anti-celeron. I prefer fpm "

That happened because the mobo don't recognise the CD-ROM.

Try to set in the standard BIOS settings to AUTO that IDE channel where the CD-ROM is putted on(Please do not put on HPT controller).

Thats all.

I've always had this problem with my

Abit BX6 R2 board. I choose the boot

order: CD-ROM, HDD, FLOPPY (only choice

with CD-ROM in it), and i put in a

bootable cd. Unfortunately, it has

never worked. Never reads the cd, just

jumps straight to the hdd. It's

a plextor 16/10/40A and I have

the latest BIOS for the ABIT.

When i get home, i'm gonna try what

you said, and i hope it works for me!

thanks for the tip!!!

On my be6-2 rev 1 i had the same prob. Make sure you set the "standard BIOS settings" to auto for all you ide devices. then choose the boot other, exp: cdrom, hdd, floppy and then check if there is a setting "boot other device". i don't know why, but when i put that setting to "OFF" it follows my chosen boot sequence and boots fine from the cdrom. If i put it on "on" it jumps immediately to the hardrive. I hope this was of any help.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I will try what you suggested and see how I go.

Regards,

Card.

Thanks so much!

Struggled with my Abit mobo to get it to boot Fedora 2 from CD (no floppy option!) No it's happening after so much (wasted!)effort.

Regards

Eddy