Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
miku

S.B. Live & Surround Systerm

Hi Guys,

I have an Altac Lansing Speaker System (4 Speakers) with SB Live!

Now the problem is that Windows 2000 default device driver for SB Live! only make the front speaker working. No sound in the rear ones. This happens even if I choose Quad Speakers in the sound setup.

Though Live ware makes it possible to use all four speakers. But I am not happy with Liveware!. I do not want it in my system. I want to get the speakers working without the software.

Is there any way.

ARC

all I can think of is run as splitter through say the front jack . and plug in both front and rear plugs into the splitter

www.soundblaster.com

default windows 2000 drivers don't have 4.1 output.

Liveware 3.0 for windows 2000 do.

ALso, download directx 8.0, which enabled Directsound 3d hardware acceleration. (with DX7 for win2k it is disabled)

This is my dillema exactly. I don't want Creative's bloatware on my computer but I need the ability to switch between headphones and 4.1 speakers. Switching them in control panel produces sound out of the rear speakers but it is so faint as to be almost inaudible at 3ft away.

You can avoid installing liveware and try the newest sblive available at come.to/sblive

No don't do that. Windows 2000 is not supported by the APS live drivers. Your life will end if you try to install these in w2k. Trust me.

the only way to get more than 2 speakers is to install the creative launcher program that is part of poo!ware. So you can install the gay!ware package then uninstall the drivers and the launcher will still let you choose your rear jack. This is THE ONLY way to do it.