Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mua_Dib

Problem with Win2k Advanced Server with SP2 Integrated

I intergrated SP2 within a new CD burn of Win2k Professional and it worked fine....

Trying to do so with Advanced Server has caused me some heart ache.

At the point when the files are supposed to start copying and the TXTSETUP.SIF file is read i get an error stating the .SIF file may be corrupt or missing and "Value 0 in the line in section [sourceDiskFiles] with key SP2.cab"

I went to that line on the CD and it says

SP2.CAB = 2,,,,,,_x,39,0,0

I'm not sure what this means or what value is incorrect.

HELP! frown

MUa_Dib,

Can you explain in some detail how you did an 'integrated' install of SP2, on Win2K Pro, as I need to know?

My Win2K version is an upgrade version, but installed clean (not copying across any crap from Win98). I then immediately applied SP2 but this was a version of SP2 off a magazine CD and, as with several other versions of SP2, it hasn't properly updated some Win2K drivers, including two that handle HD caching. Consequently, the HD gets corrupted on the first few reboots.

Apparently, the only proper way to apply SP2 to Win2K Pro is the 'integrated' method, and only using the full Networked version (even if it's a standalone machine, like mine).

http://www.bink.nu/bootcd/ I've used the instructions found there to make integrated SP2 cd's for 2000 Pro and 2000 Advanced Server. Never had any problems with my integrated Adv Ser cd.

mine reads:

SP2.cab = 2,,,,,,_x,39,0,0 as well