Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
OblivionSHO

ATI TV Wonder + Win2k = Sick game of russian roulette

Has anybody installed the ATI Multimeda Center v.7.1 TW03? What luck have you had with it? Personally, I haven't had anything but weird problems with it. It seems that when I first install the software, the sound works fine, but when I close the software and open it back up, I can't get the sound to work for the life of me (unless I re-install the software.) frown I have made sure that the software is mapped to the correct port (the line in,) and I have rebooted the machine several times. But like I said, it will not work unless I reinstall the software. Oh, and yes, I have checked the "mute" check in volume control. They are set correctly.

Sys specs:

ASUS A7V

256 PC133 MB RAM

Hercules Prophet III

SB Live! Platinum

T-Bird 1 GHz

I have a similar setup as you, and can't get any picture. My sound works great, I just have solid black for the picture. I am looking for a fix now.

Sorry, but I've had nothing but problems with the TV Wonder in Win2k. On two different systems even. (ASUS P2B-D - dual Cel 300A@450 and Abit VP6 - dual P3-650@866) Same results each time - it works fine for anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes, then the video freezes while the sound keeps playing. Once this happens, I have to hard boot to get it to stop. Also, the TV viewer software wouldn't remember it's settings, so it would have to scan the channels every time I ran it. Some people have been able to get it to work fine, but I'm not one of them.

mad