Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cpufast

Shutdown/Restart Problem.......SiSoft BSOD Help!

I have a couple probems that I am looking for help with. First is that my machine does not shutdown or restart properly. Basically Win2K performs the task to close out and then after doing so hangs at a blank screen. I have to physically reboot the machine or soft shutdown the machine. Everything else seems fine with this exception. I have a Asus A7V133 mobo and am using a modded bios 1003. The bios mod enables full Raid capability of the promise controller basically replacing the OEM2 code in the bios. Also Sisoft crashes upon startup and I get an address error about conflict with udf.sys. I take this as the udfreader which I have not installed but I do have the Adaptec software for my burner installed. Looking for help and it would be appreciated!

You need the udf.sys update for EZ CD Creator. They have the specific download on Roxio's website for it. Also, having the modded BIOS could cause problems.

I had a BSOD with the udf.sys before, but not with Sandra. The new udf.sys file fixed things until I got the 1007 BIOS for my Asus A7V, of course this doesn't help you right now, but at least there is a permantnent fix for it.

Brian,

I did as you advised and updated my Direct CD application with the 3.05 download from Adaptec's site. Okay Sandra is working correctly and my system shuts down properly but now my Direct CD does not work so if you have any other advice it would be appreciated!

LMK

What version you got? I've heard of some problems with both 4 and 5. There are separate patches for both on Roxio's website, so try and get it patched up to the latest first.

When you say it doesn't work, do you mean that it doesn't record at the highest speed? or does it just not fire up in the first place? or do you get some kind of error message?

If it's not recording at the top speed, try recording at a slower speed.

You could try to install over what you have currently or uninstall then reinstall it, too.

Brian,

My burner is a HP 9100 and shipped with version 3.0v of the software. When using this version it works and there are the issues with Sisoft and such. When I upgraded to the 3.05 version which includes the UDF reader upgrade to 1.03 the application does not load. Also when I use the 3.0 version my system will not shutdown but does when I am using the 3.05v so I am scratching my head. I have uninstalled and reinstalled back and forth between these versions with no luck. At the moment I have it uninstalled but will look at it again when I get home! I also got the HP upgrade which does not load at all. Outside of this everything is working well.

LMK

Every version of Direct CD is such an awful piece of crap software. My HP CDRW also came with Direct CD. You guys should use a real program like Nero. Just my $.02

Also I found CD's burned with Direct CD to be very unreliable. Alot of them won't even read in DOS. Even after they are "finalized".

Well, those aren't a problem for me, since I only use the CD Eraser with DCD, and I don't use DOS. I didn't really like Nero too well, and EZ CD Creator has worked fine for what I do. I really don't record anything too much. Just data backups mostly.

However, I believe that you can get a free version of Nero that expires after a certain date.

Everyone has a preference and I have loaded Nero and everything is working fine. I would like to thank you for your help!