Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

Napster alternatives...

I haven't been much for Napster in its use, but now that the napster alternatives are out, I've become addicted to Morpheus. I'd tried one of the Guntella programs, Bear Share, but I couldn't d/l anything. My little bro started using this Morpheus and it's great! I've been able to track down a cartoon I used to watch in Kindergarten, even though they're only in German. But I like this a lot better than other Peer to Peer program.

What have the masses found to work great? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!:Plaughwink

i use morpheus as well, its good other than the 1 annoying fact when you get a hit with multiple users, it seems that u have no control how many sources u start downloading from... sometimes its just 1 and if their max upload is 5/kbs then you're stuck and then other occassions u get 5x50/kbs and its done before u even know it.

I tried Aimster and didn't really like it. I use Edonkey and Audiogalaxy mostly right now. I guess I've heard good things about Limewire, KaZaA, BearShare, WinMX, and Napigator. Haven't tried Morpheus myself. There's others that I'm forgetting, but that should get you started. I guess I could uninstall Napster since I haven't used it in months.

I use audiogalaxy for the most part but when I cant get a song from that I use limewire.

for people that are trancEaddicts most of the napster clones suck. Ive tried WinMX, Napigator, and all that other jazz. The best combo ive found is IRC, AudioGalaxy, and websites that host live sets and other things.

Normal everyday music is dime a dozen because everyone listens to it, but dance/electronic music is SOOO hard to get a hold of unless you know where to go.

Napster of a year and 1/2 ago was the best, you could find anything on it.

I consider myself an mp3 vetran too, ive been using Mp3 for 3-4 years now, and in all that time ive seen a lot come and go but the most dependable source for music is always IRC.