Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iluvekrystle

problems with UT

i have a problem with ut, the problem is that the graphics are all messed up and i really dont know why, i have a tnt 2 with the right drivers and everything but the graphics are all messed up. im using direct 3d i dunno whats going on, im also using service pack 2 even if i upgrade to patch 436 it still messes up. please help me.

Which drivers? There's a zillion Detonator drivers out there, but the older ones 5.xx and 7.5x are the best for the TNT2's--so I've been told by the TNT2 users...

When you say messed up, how are they messed up? Are the model's bad looking, are the textures screwed up?

The game Unreal Tournament plays much better with OpenGL.

I have always had performance problem with UT under W2K, either in D3D or OpenGl modes as compared with Glide. OK, the UT engine is native Glide.

As UT is still my preferred game, I put a Voodoo 5 5500 pci card as secondary display into my system. These cards are very cheap at the moment (around 100 bucks brand new or much less if second hand). Glide is very fast, even with hardware fsaa on, and the quality is very good. Faster and better than D3D or Ogl.

A secondary very good side-effect is that doing so, I have a nice dual-display system.

If you are an UT addict, you may want to consider this solution. Well, Glide is dead but the investment is worth the very good payback as far as UT is concerned.