Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
matttah

connecting to interent through other comp?

Hey guys, I have a quick question....i hhave heard you can connnect to the internet through another comp....how do i do it? Sadly its between two windows xp laptops..they internet is wireless(one of the laptops doesn't have wirelss card)....do i need progs or what? Thanks

Daum

I assume that you have a router? If so, what you need is hardware, either another wireless PCMCIA card, or if the other system has a NIC card, connect the system to the router via a cat 5 cable.

Win XP will usually take care of the rest, unless you have the system encripted via the wireless router.

The easisest and best way, (eliminating wires to the laptop) would be to get a wireless router. We use the Linksys wireless G which is backward compatible to 802.11b, thus works well with Linux too.

k got ti working....i knew about the routers..maybe i misunderstood the reply or maybe i misstated...i meant one comp was on the internet and one had to connect to that comp and use its internet...but anyways solved the prob...i'll be back to linux when i get home hopefullly if the new dvd drive solves my prob=0

Daum