Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BladeRunner

Madonion.com - Everyone over there about 14?

All,

Now, if you frequent the pages over at www.madonion.com and you don't fall into the category I shall describe then I appologise.

However I feel, like me you fall into the minority.

Now, I'm really starting to believe that 90% of people over at the mentioned site are about 14 with raging hormones with their minds firmly on ***.

Why do I think this?

Well, just looking at the signature files.

90% of them either contain some half naked woman or some animé character, again in a state of undress etc.

Now, like any red-blooded male I find certain pictures erotic but I would never dream of putting that kind of picture into a signature file.

Main reason's being it's kinda sad, some people might find it offensive and what exactly has it got to do with people's computer specs?

Not only are these signatures like this, the posters choose to attach this signature to every single post they make, even if they have contributed 50 or the 75 posts in a thread!

Surely they can post their initial thought, use their god awful signature and ommit it from further posts on the same thread?

I'm sorry, but I just have visions of hundreds of 13 & 14 year olds creating some signature file with some half naked woman on (Either real or animé) and sitting there 'with the horn' as they post it.

I think I can back this opinion up with a lot of the posts over there, because to be frank a lot of them sound like they come from the mouth of kids.

What have I got against www.madonion.com you might ask?

Nothing, nothing at all.

I post over there (without a signature).

I take part in some of the discussions and I've actually had some sensable conversations with some people there.

Unfortunately the 13/14 year olds seem to 'ownz' that board, and to be really honest ruin a lot of what could otherwise be great posts & threads.

(Sure, I like to see naked flesh, but there is a time & a place and eve if that time & place is madonion.com it shouldn't take me 10 minutes to download one page of a thread due to these images!!)

There were a ton of people bashing on ClubOC for a screw up, and then apparently they went to bash Anandtech, Tom's Hardware, and [H]ardOCP.

I don't consider myself an old man just being a college student, but the forums over there don't seem to be moderated at all.

While ClubOC did deserve a thumping, other than flaming them, some people attacked ClubOC by other means. I don't like everything everyone says, but doing DoS attacks is not a mature way to handle your disapproval. Of course, maturity doesn't seem to be critical anymore...sad. It's nasty when there's flames over at Mad Onion---which is why I didn't get involved there. I don't need hate mail or other "fun" things sent to me.

True about women being attractive nonetheless, and I like anime, but putting risque pix on your sig line gives a bad impression--real bad.

I like hot women, but I also consider that there are some people that do get offended, and you should respect that in a reasonable manner.

And not putting up risque stuff will add to your credibility.

I'm sure that if someone like clutch--no offense intended--were to add a pic of a Victoria Secret model, I probably wouldn't have the same level of respect I do for him now.

Of course, it all depends on who is moderating too. At this board, the reins are a lot tighter than anywhere else, and not too much BS slides around. If you want to screw around a bit, that's alright, but don't try to stray too far off. You're absolutely right, BladeRunner: erotica has nothing to do with hardware. Things need to be kept to an appropriate level, and sig lines need to be included.

No offense to those who aren't participating in such activities or Mad Onion.

BladeRunner: i agree with you 100%, some forums have no class whatsoever, guess thats why they're not mentioned on TechTV or Microsoft's website.

Yeah.

I looked over that forum some more. Why the hell does everybody have to have some huge pic on the sig line? I have DSL and it takes a two response post longer to download than nearly any written post here.

I don't mind avatars, but having a picure bigger than your message is really irritating.