Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
heXXXen

NVIDIA Drivers Won't Update

This is driving me nuckin futs.

Whenever I try up[censored] my NVIDIA drivers it gives me an error saying "The Specified File Was Not Found". Upon first boot into XP it had it's default GeForce3 drivers installed, I updated to 12.90 without a problem.

No such luck any more. I've tried every possible driver release out there, and the official self-installing ones too. Whenever I try up[censored] the drivers, XP just gives that error, disables the device, and upon reboot installs it's crappy 1240 drivers on it that lack OpenGL support.

Anyone have any ideas before I format?

I don't want to format because I really like XP and am impressed with it, but not letting me update my drivers is more than enough reason to warrant removal.

Thanks.

try deleting it GF3 in Device manager and remove all registry entries, located the default XP driver(s) and rename them, yada yada yada, restart and try to update the drivers. if that don't work, make sure you have successfully activated/cracked XP. other than that i have no other suggestions other than to format and reinstall.

Did ya tryed to install the drivers 12.41 (not signaled)? It have the nvidai instaler, And I instaled it using the copat mode (win200). Alias, since we will be using win2k driver for now, I think we must install it (wenever its possible ;( ) using the compat mode in win2k.