Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CrossShen

login problems... for mandrake...

i installed mandrake 9.2 on my 3rd harddrive ( after some changes...) and it is configured and every thing is fine but it will not take my password such as if i was to put in the login then i hit enter for the password line my keyboard does not work the enter and control+alt+del but it wont work, did i do something wrong or is it corrupt? frown 8) ;( ;(

Quote:
i installed mandrake 9.2 on my 3rd harddrive ( after some changes...) and it is configured and every thing is fine but it will not take my password such as if i was to put in the login then i hit enter for the password line my keyboard does not work the enter and control+alt+del but it wont work, did i do something wrong or is it corrupt? frown 8) ;( ;(

Quote:
a microsoft wireless usb keyboard and mouse combo

It is a M$ keyboard - obviously, they have not provided drivers for it fo Linux. I lloked in the compatability database on this site, and it is not there. You may want to search google for a driver, other than that, you may need to connect a wired keyboard when using Linux. Does your mouse work? ;(