Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

No keyboard or mouse!!!!!!! Can't go any farther

I am having a weird problem. I am doing a fresh install of 2k on a p3 500 mhz computer from gateway. It goes as far as the initial setup wizard screens. After it finishes an saves the info it reboots. Then when windows pops up again it askes me to click next to start the network wizard. The only problem is that I cant click next or use my key board to click it either. I am just stuck at that screen. I have read some suggestions in the forums that say to disable plug and play and legacy usb support. I have done this but it still won't let me use the keyboard or the mouse. I looked in the recovery console to se if it had the corect drivers and it did. I thought that maybe my bios wasn't compatible with 2k so I got a hold of gateway and they said that the mother board supports 2k. So now I am at a dead end. I am thinking about solving this the easy way....throwing it out the window. But I thought that I would ask and see if something turned up.

Are you using a USB keyboard and mouse? If so, try connecting them to the ps/2 ports instead.