Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ofisboy

Networking/Internet Connection Sharing

I know this is elementary to most of you, but as a brand new Win 2000 upgrader, I am having trouble figuring out how to set up my network and internet connection sharing. I've tried so many different things now that I can't tell you what I've done and what I haven't. I appear to be able to access both the host and client from each other indicating the networking is ok, but I can't get the internet connection sharing to work. Would somebody please offer a clue to this newbie? frown

I had been reading those menus for two days. Too bad they didn't address the problem I was having. I'd tell you about it but you're obviously not interested. I naively thought I would get some help here but I must have misunderstood this forum's intent...but gee, the next time I want to debate who has the best/worst hardware, I'll be sure to come back.

Sorry buddy, i thought you had sorted the problem. All I do in this forum is if you see my messages try to help people (a bit too sarcastically som times smile )

Go to the Network and Dial up connections, select your internet connection, and go to the "Sharing" Tab.

When you are there just check enable internet connection sharing.

It will assign an IP adress to the host machine but you do not have to do anything about it etc.

As long as TCP/IP is installed for your network adapter all the computers can use that connection smile

I hope it helps.

PS. I dunno why nobody else replied to your msg. In the future you will see there are multiple types of users on this forum.

Bear in mind that many people here (like myself) don't use ICS, and therefore would have no information to offer. But if you like, in any of your future posts I would be glad to ignore them so you can feel justified in your comment.

Let's see...I ask a ligitimate question in a nice and polite manner, then I reply that I have resolved my problem...also in a nice, polite manner, then I receive an uncalled for sarcastic comment. So what clutch is telling me is that apparently it's ok for senior members to be impolite, sarcastic, or any other inappropriate behavior, yet junior members need to feel justified? Interesting psychology.

You're right in saying that not everybody uses ICS but someone here probably does...and if not, so be it. No answer is certainly better than uncalled for sarcasm (although I do appreciate the second message from Uykucu...it was a network problem and not ICS.). I read just about every post in here and enjoyed the help offered and picked up some good tips for myself, so needless to say, I was surprised by the sarcasm. Would clutch have let a sarcastic remark go by without commenting? Obviously, not...he responded to mine. I also requested information in the "Drivers" area regarding the Genius graphics tablet. I didn't get a response because there probably aren't many people who use that tablet, so when I found the correct driver I posted the link for others who might need it. I seem to be doing my part in this forum but for some reason, clutch wants me to be the bad guy. Huh...go figure. Time to let this drop. It's not worth anyone's time or effort.

Regards...

Cheryl (aka ofisboy)

Quote:

I had been reading those menus for two days. Too bad they didn't address the problem I was having. I'd tell you about it but you're obviously not interested. I naively thought I would get some help here but I must have misunderstood this forum's intent...but gee, the next time I want to debate who has the best/worst hardware, I'll be sure to come back.

I take offense to this sort of behavior: "why wont anybody help me? why are all of you ignoring me?" Would stating "I don't know the answer to your problem help you? No. If I was being impolite, you would know it.

Also, as far as my "wanting" you to be the bad guy, it would seem you are quite able to do this on your own. Congrats.

I am not going to apologize for being sarcastic, it is my nature. However if you read the messages you will see that clutch definetly does not deserve the title you have given him, All that time I was here I have seen or heard nothing but accurate correct information in his answers.

So direct the heat to me if you wish. Why you have not recived a reply I dunno. I am working 6-7 days a week, don't have much time going leisure surfing or answering questions but I do my best. I do not B**lS**t people about subjescts I dunno or weird. I will reply if I have an idea or solution. And i have no obligation to do so.

Senior Member wise, it is directly proportional to amount of messages you post. It has nothing to do with knowing the admin, which i do not, nor is it a secret society kind of thing like in other forums.

I am sorry If you were offended as I said before. But it was my doing and had nothing to do with other nice and not that nice people on this forum. definetly nothing with clutch. Also if you are unhappy with the voluntary help you are getting there are thousands of other forums I believe.