Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
winman

Windows XP always freezing with my games!!!

Whenever I start a game that uses the 3d-acceleration aspect of my Nvidia GeForce 2 MX video card, everything freezes up, and I have to hit the reset button. I've tried a TON of both old and new Nvidia drivers and still the same result. I'm guessing there's something in Windows XP that I have to disable and then the problem will go away. Does anyone have any insight to this problem? Thanks.

maybe if you post your system specs someone would try to answer your question, just off the start, i'd go into my bios and lower my AGP Aturture size to 32mb, restart and see if that helps.

I have a GF2 mX myself and have no probs whatsoever

Kept all original drivers, except nvidia 12.41 recently upgraded.

Maybe some other driver you installed that doesn't cut it ?

I also have an MX and I had that problem last week immediatly after I reinstalled XP after configuring it to dual boot with 2000 on two seperate partitions. I then reinstalled XP again and the freezing seized. The only things that changed in the reinstall is I turned of S.M.A.R.T monitoring from my bios and I stopped dual booting with 2000, I merged the two partitions. I dunno. Weird weird...

Anyway my computer kept freezing randomly so I took my GForce2 MX-200 out and put in my older card (ATI rage fury) and suddenly my system hasn't been this stable since I upgraded to the MX-200 last month. The framerate has dropped in my games but it's well worth it for this added speed and stability.

I guess this MX-200 don't get along with my Asus A7V motherboard very well.

I found the occasional freeze when exiting an OpenGL based game like Quake3Arena (but curiously not with a pro 3D app). Upgrading to the 14.10 WHQL drivers, and the latest beta of NVMax, *and* the latest rev of PowerStrip 3.0x has made this problem go away. Since it is working now, I am not going to go back and figure out just which app change actually fixed the problem, but you might want to try up[censored] any of these if you are using them.

:}

I have exactly the same problem..... MX 200

happened in win2K and now in XP , start playing half life ... plays fine fo r5 minutes then crashes to desktop.....i have tried everything, flashed the cards bios, tried numerous drivers and fixes.....

I have run a number of benchmarks in openGL = no problems at all....

its driving me nuts .. if you find a fix let me know please....

-----------------------

Fixed...

I took the Card out and put another in and it works fine now