Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gogeta4194

12.41 Drivers wont work

Hello everyone i have a Nvidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 card in my computer..i looked in the device settings and WIndows XP detected the card but heres the problem. it loads the default Vga.dll as the display adapter and doesnt install the monitor...i first tried Windows XP drivers and they didnt work.but the ones that work are the 6. and up to 7 drivers but some drivers have direct3d messed up and agp texturing disabled and they all make my windows xp restart and get messed up...can anyone gimme some help..

Hmmm, Four and Twenty here on the boards has a TNT2 and has the same problems as you, try the 10.80's and take a look at the NVidia Driver Discussion here on NTCompatible.

grrr..i downloaded the 10.80 drivers and there is no change to the problem..i go under the display properties and click on settings and it still comes up as (Default Monitor) on .... need more help

The M64's are listed in the .inf's but I highly doubt that Nvidia has done much in the way of troubleshooting problems with such old cards. Try the new 8.04's at www.maxreboot.com they might help.

ok this time i just uninstalled Windows XP and put Win2K on it..ok i loaded the drivers from my nvidia cd they gave me and they seemed to work...only for a little bit!!!! so i was like oh ok maybe i need to upgrade...i try almost every single driver from maxreboot and any other place and anydriver 6.3.4-6.1.8 will work for a lil and freeze but anything below will freeze right when windows 2000 comes up and anything above that will just not load the drivers and load vga.dll instead....the same exact thing it would do in Windows XP...waaa i need help so bad!!