Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
shinglung

What a big interface you've got!

Hi

Is it me or is XP's GUI BIG!

Does anyone know if you can change the size of the title bar and start bar?

I know the GUI can be smaller because in combustion* if you undock the timeline it uses a small version of the luna GUI (unlike Photoshop)(Is the size programmed in?).

Any ideas?

William

I'm not sure if I should bother replying to this as it must be a joke!?!?

Even at 1600 x 1200 the GUI is huge. The title bar is twice the size it needs to be.

William

The ability to change the font and button sizes in WinXP is the same as in other Windows versions, but is hidden from the average Joe User - go to Display Settings->Appearance->Advanced.

I think this is right - at work right now on a Win2k machine, but will confirm when I get home.

Rgds

AndyF

shinglung: i just switched to 1600x1200 to check.....the start menu is so damned small i can barely read it, i use 1024x768x32bpp@85hz and the start menu is no too big, it's bigger than windows classic, but who gives a sh1t?

I give a sh*t as it’s a f*cking pain when half you screen is taken up buy the title bar on windows.

Maybe it’s just me but I think M£ has gone over board and is just trying to make everyone see that the GUI looks new and not really thought about it.

A GUI should be clean, simple and not force it's self on you.

Maybe it’s just because I'm a graphic designer!

Maybe I should just make my own?! But most look crap and end up slowing things down.

Well I guess "That’s Life"!

William

you guys can turn off most of the new GUI and revert to a win2k look.

I actualy like the new GUI and don't find it too big. I run 1600x1200 at work and 1280x1024 at home. Maybe you should try modifying the title bar size, scroll bar, and menu. Make sure you don't have large fonts enabled? I don't know really what else to say to help.

Hey i thought the same thing, its just plain BIG! Anyway i just changed the font size for the titlebars and it resizes them to match, looks very nice now.