Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arian

Loading XP on Raided Board

Just give up loading XP on my KT7a. I have had 12 attempts and formatted in between ect. Making sure the HPT370 Drivers were taken on pressing F6.

Every time the OS got to the bit where you put in local settings like keyboard and currencey the thing kept locking.

I mean every time. Sometimes it would let me input the options and others it would get there and lock.

Any ideas !!

Im gutted as im well impressed with this OS. It loaded on my older KT7 board without a hitch. The only thing missing or diferent is the fact that this board doesnt have raid.

Any pointers are greatfully recieved as i simply must use this OS on my main machine.

PS Tried Win98 upgrade and clean install.

Try installing it without using the F6 option. XP already has the 370 drivers included so you dont need to manually add them. I had the same problem here when i tried to specify drivers.

That's if it tries to install them off the driver disk. It didn't on my VP6, even though I told the installer I had them. Apparently, it didn't need them--not complaining here!

Very strange this. I was trying to load it on this machine till 4AM yesterday. Three times it got down to 1% to go and then locked. Or i thought it had. I had left it for 20 mins each time this happened to see if it would finish. I juat kept giving it the reset.

The last time I just left it in disgust. When i awoke around 11AM the OS had loaded. I didnt insall HPT370 from disk and yes it did drop its own ones in.

Thanks for your help guys. Appreciated