Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

GOD, anyone have any idea when Highpoint will fix their SLOW

Hey pr-man, what HD are you using on that hpt controller?

And to answer your question. I asked highpoint, but i don't really expect an answer.

I have two HDs the main one that win2k is on is a 20 gig ata66 western digital and the second one is the ibm 45gig 75gxp. Do I have to use the 1.28b drivers on both or just the ibm? what problems did the 75gxps have that needed to be fixed by 1.28b release?

i think you'd better use bios 1.26 and drivers 1.26. these are the drivers that fixed compatibility issues on IBM harddisks. 1.28b fix issues on the maxtor ata100 HD (+ they slow the whole thing down).

you can find beta bioses at:

ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw

as for me, i gave up that crappy highpoint, it locks up my computer all the time (i got a maxtor hd, and the hpt366 has only probs with it, the solution of highpoint for that was making the hpt370 chip, bastards). I bought myself a promise ata100 pci card and it works great now, + it was very very cheap.

ok so that beta bios BETH126 is the bios for the mobo but also contains the 1.26 bios for highpoint adapter built in right?

Rgo looks like the 1.28b are my only option since im running Win2k

HighPoint Technologies, Inc.

HPT366 BETA drivers

Warning: These are beta drivers, and are not officially released versions. Use at your own risk.

Last Updated: 10/10/00

VERSION: FIX:

1.26b IBM DTLA (GXP75) series, ATA-100 drive compatibility with HPT366 controller (for Win98)

1.28b IBM DTLA (GXP75) series, ATA-100 drive compatibility with HPT366 controller (for Win2K, NT)