Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Admiral LSD

Problems with Riva TNT in XP

I have a Diamond Viper V550 vdeo card based on the original Riva TNT chipset and I can't seem to get Direct3D hardware acceleration to work in WinXP. The closest I can get is with the supplied drivers but I have to laod DxDiag, disable D3D, reboot, reenable it and it will work but only until the next reboot. I've tried the nVidia detonator 12.41 drivers and even the beta 14.40 drivers but to no avail. Any help will be appreciated.

i have a Creative Labs 3D Blaster Riva TNT 16MB AGP in my other machine, it's running the 12.90 drivers under Windows XP Pro 2526 RC2, it works fine for an older card, D3D Accel. works fine here, you might want to wait til later this week when the Detonator 4 20.80's get released.

Mines a PCI card, although I honestly don't see that as being the problem. nVidia have stopped including TNT drivers in the WHQL certified package forcing me the use the unvertified drivers but if XP locked down on them then it wouldn't work in 2D, DirectDraw or OpenGL so I have no clue wtf is going on. I might wait and try those 20.80's though and see if that helps.