Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EddiE314

Don't you wish you were me?

23:34hrs - Connected to ISP (56k)

00:12hrs - Somehow disconnected without my knowledge

00:15hrs - Finally realized that I was disconnected. How? "The page cannot be displayed"

00:16hrs - Reconnected to ISP

00:16hrs - Disconnected. Redialed number, got error. Good ol' 56k.

00:17hrs - Redialed number. Connected.

00:39hrs - Downloading new version of NVMax, getting a nice 2.16kbps downstream. ROFL

00:46hrs - While waiting for the download to complete, i played with an old ps/2 mouse.

00:55hrs - Downloading music off of Morpheus, getting a 6.82kbps downstream now.

--------

the log pretty much repeats itself, its like this every night almost.

against high speed???

hehehe

iknow how it feels

a friend of mine lives in a town with 5 ppl in it. His connection is worse though....hes lucky to get 4 K/sec

I also connect with good 'ol 56k,:P

Though i had to replace the original 56k modem (3COM U.S. Robotics) after 3 years because it got burnt out + plenty of BSOD:( in Win2K (ie the modem was Phucked)- I'm only on the web 150hrs a month.

Now i unfortunatley have to settle with a Lucent Win LT Modem 33k.

Though here where i live the phone lines only allow for 29.9kps, if i'm lucky i'll get 32.6bps.

Yeah thats right, my question was, how does your modem manage being connected so long, Even my LTWin Modem has trouble reconnecting after a few hours of being online.

What kinda sk!t do you d/l, the largest file i have managed is Win2K's Service Pack 2 (Network Install), i have also downloaded 2K's SP1 (Network Install), NT4's SP5, NT4's SP6a(128bit)

Cheers.

usually i download ISO's that are in the area of 450-700MB, i use ftp voyager, when i get disconnected it reconnects and resumes the download, aside from people having to use the phone also, it's a b1tch to get anything downloaded.