Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reversing_drive

How do i create NT4 CD + Service Pack

I noticed that there are instructions for creating a W2k Cd with Integrated Service Pack.

How do i make one for NT4 is it done the same way?

I have just downloaded SP6a 128HighEnc. for NT4 and want to use an exsisting original NT4 CD to copy to Hard Disk add Service Pack 6 and Recopy to a CD.

Oh is there any way of Integrating Internet Explorer 4.01 on to the CD aswell, to automatically install with the operating system?

Cheers,

Curt.

To quote a previous brilliant statement on this very topic:

"You can't. Give up now."

smile

NT doesn't slipstream, at all, in any manner, shape, or form.

It is possibile to replace individual files and even to replace the old compressed one with new compressed one but I wouldn't try it. For instance one of my Compaq servers crashed after applying the MS Securt Rollup package. I found out that it was the SCSIPORT.SYS...so I had to boot into DOS with my NTFS disks and replace the file with the ver from SP6a. To make a long story short. IT"S NOT WORTH IT!

Ok thanks,

Yeah i know, some sh!t like that usually never works. But it wuld be cool if it could.

One of my friends has NT4 with Service Pack3 original from Miro$oft, how did they integrate the service pack?

... heck i guess they made the freakin OS so i suppose they can do what they want.

Anyway thanks for your feedback guys.

Cheers laugh