Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
reversing_drive

I Just Love Hibernate

I have been using Win2K now since the beginning of this year on Dell V400 PentiumII 400mhz, 128mb ram, 8mb AGP ATI Rage.

It really is a great operating system, and i'd just like to say that Hibernate is the best thing in Win2k, i will usually leave 6-10 apps all the time and just hibernate, then boot up in around 10 secs, and i'm where i was:D

Win ME has it to, i know, but if you leave to many apps open then it cannot return from hibernate, besides the hiberfile.sys for WinME is only half the size, while Win2K has one as large as the momory - 128mb.

If it wasn't for virusscan updates constantly then i wouldn't have to do a clean boot-up for weeks, & performance has hardly dropped a notch.

I just love hibernate:D

But i have to kill it!!!

Well my problem is that i used to love hibernate but now whenever my PC goes to hibernation after i return to windows2k the response times are REALLY slow.i mean symptoms like:explorer takes ages sometimes to open, programs run slower etc.

The only think i changed on my computer is the DVD player (used to have a Pioneer 104S and now have a Hitachi GD-7500).I suspect that the problem is the DVD since it causes enough problems as it is, like it doesn't recognise some disks or after copying large files on the hard disk, the computer goes to its knees.Sounds like a memory leak or something.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanx

Bobbinbrisco, if your question was aiming me then the answer is yes.

Returning from it, i have the problems i already said.