Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

Value Dual Socket-370 Motherboard Roundup

Anandtech has posted a Value Dual Socket-370 Motherboard roundup

Just a few years ago, the phrase "dual processor system" was nothing more than a dream for most of us in the hardware community as it was mostly reserved for high-end servers or workstations. The simple reason, of course, was the prohibitively high price of such a system, which was the result of a few different factors. For starters, the processors prices were still relatively high, which made buying a second processor that much more expensive. Moreover, not all CPUs supported SMP back in the day. Similarly, only a handful of chipsets were available to support SMP, with a similarly high price tag, of course, that in turn raised the cost of such motherboards.

Read more

Boy, what a bad review they did there. Said the VP6 was that stable. Bull! The VP6 is one of the most stable boards I've used, second only to the Tyan Trinity 400.

I'll second that. The only situationw where it is unstable is if you are overclocking past the 150mhz range and have crappy memory...just like any other mobo. I've been ocking the heck out of this thing and it's STABLE!