Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iks

ICQ acting wery strange.

Does anyone noticed that ICQ 2000b (~4.63) is working wery strange?

I mean

- the menues sometimes opens okay other times opens and disappears but they are still 'open in background',

- the ICQ Window's graphics are disarranged sometimes when you open some menu items

- when you move window arround the screen it strangely jumps arround and so on.

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

Am I one and the only who experienced this kind of problems?

I am runing WinXP RC2 on Pentium III EB computer with 256 megs of RAM and nVIDIA RivaTNT2 graphics card...

I can confirm that the menus "disappear". We'll have to wait until ICQ 2002 comes out before it's fixed.

Is there any good alternative to Mirabillis ICQ Client? I need something that supports SMS sending... Hehe because I hate to send SMSs at ntsms or something (don't like all this logon stuff)...

My ICQ 2000b 4.60 hacked for no ad's works fine, but the hideaway system bar mimic option flickers when I move the mouse over it...I just live with it.

I experience absolutley none of those problems in 2509. What I DO experience (and hate) is that after some usage, the system tray icon stops up[censored] itself, which means it will be frozen in a frame of animation whether theres a message there or not (like its always a flower instead of a flashing message, or it froze when the flashing message was going off so its always a blank icon) program works fine with this problem, just hard to tell if I have a message with the mute on, since I didn't hear it coming in =)

Course this has happened since 2k, so..

Hello.

I really had no trouble with it in Windows 2000... It worked very well...

I have no troubles with frozen ICQ status and incoming events icon.

The only thing is since I am using DialUp intenret connection, ICQ can't find out when I am going offline, so Internet detection agent won't start...

Okay I can live with that but I hope the new version will be free of those problems...

-Andrej

Download a program called Trillian. It supports ICQ, AIM, Yahoo! IM, MSN, and IRC.

Super awesome program, lots of nice features.

Hello Vamyr.

Does this Trillian support SMS sending like ICQ 2000b does?

It would be really nice. Tkanks wink

-Andrej

Well, this program seems pretty nifty, but it's making everything similar to how AOL operates, which is pissing me off. The whole point I was using ICQ for was to have a non-chat window system which delivered messages through the system tray. Now I have a buddy list type program that which opens up a chat window with whoever I message, and even sounds like AOL IM. I'm going to give it a few more days, see if I'm not missing something in being able to custmize how it sends messages.

Okay... I am not going to change my ICQ client software... I am totally satisfied eith Mirabillis ICQ and ill have to wait for new version...

Hehe thanks for all...

-Andrej