Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Philipp

Hewlett-Packard buying Compaq

Thanks to bZj and Dave for this one:

SAN JOSE, Calif., Sept. 3 — Hewlett-Packard and Compaq Computers said Monday night that they were merging in a a stock deal reported at $25 billion, a deal meant to bolster two companies that have been saddled with sagging profits and massive job cuts.

Read more

I really hope this don't end up in lesser driverupdates and weaker support ala HP for my Compaqservers.

Got ~120 of them now all running NT4/2k and it's been great lately. Since HP is planning of letting alot of people go from thier jobs I hope all of them work on the crappy Presario-side of Compaq...

(I'm still 1½ years after Win2k's release waiting for drivers for HP printers, scanners and firmwareupgraders CDR/W from HP frown )

HP = CRAP !

/Toby

I just saw the exact opposite response at the [H], i.e. "I hope Compaq doesn't make HP support suck."

All in who you talk to I suppose.

-bZj

Wow, I have always thought Compaq servers kicked major a$$. While we only have 4 of them, they have all been topnotch performers. Both of the consumer lines of HP and Compaq have been lame, and I am hoping that the commercial quality of Compaq doesn't falter as well due to the merger. In particular, I would like to say "long live the ROMPAQ!"

smile

All the PC's I've seen people have from HP have been plain POS. Compaq on the other hand has fair better.

HP's perpherials work great, however the support isn't that great.

I've heard a lot of people diss Compaq, but from what I've seen they're much better than HP.

um... i have a total opposite impression. I always thing Compaq's product is POS, while HP's is a little bit better.