Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

processor priorities for apps

I noticed my website lately gets a bit slower when its in heavy use... (duh... lol) and I know that its just some of the php and database stuff... then html loads fast... how do I make my php stuff and database server use the processor at high priority? because it seems it has to wait... therefor the mainpage on my site (which is php, and has to acceess the database (for news)) loads slow but they rest is already up...

how can I do this?

Are you running IIS as your webserver? If so, what version. There are registry hacks for both, to open up more processor threads and such.

Did you ever patch it for Code Red? Code Red servers will also show intermittent response delays and high CPU utilization. Have you run perfmon (or just kept an eye on the task manager) to make sure what processes are taking up all the utilization time? I had issues with McAfee NetShield sucking down CPU cycles while in "System Scan" mode. Once I changed the mode, all was better (although some servers will need system scan regardless of the consequences due to their function).

No I do not use IIS due to its security problems and such.

I do keep an eye on the task manager, not much usage very often. I don't think there is a program backdoor from the worm but there could be. I cannot rid of this red code worm. I tried all the removal utilities and they have failed.

But isn't there a way to make the database and PHP files high priority?

And I have been meaning to defrag... Wouldn't hurt thanks.

Either restore from a pre-codered backup, or simply format and start over. Then, if you still feel that strongly about IIS, don't install it.

How do I get my MySQL server to run on high priority? That seems to be the problem, I have so much other things running on my server, and the server is not fast enough really. I am upgrading it soon though when I get the money.