Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

Full IE download for 98?

I need to get this for some people with a 56k modem because Outlook Express got screwed up by their son and this guy doesn't have a way to get his e-mail otherwise.

If someone could post the link ASAP, that'd be great. I'd look for it myself, but I'm in a rush right now to get to work.

Thanx.

Oops. Sorry 'bout that. It was a spur of the moment thing unfortunately and I was just about to leave for work.

Thanx, clutch.

Hmm...maybe not. Now that I've had some time to browse the forums for this, I've come up empty handed still. I got on the corporate updates page and have the installer for IE 5 for 98, but not the whole thing and that's what I need. I want to burn the thing to a CD and put it on their system.

I'm not sure how screwed up their version of IE is, so I don't know if I'll see corruption or not in the download.

What I've found has been close, but no cigar.

Did you run the command that Xiven posted? That is what prompts you for the OS selection. Remember, I stated "Xiven", and not "Wolf87".

smile And if you replace every instance of the number '6' in my post with the number '5' it'll do the job for IE5 too.

Yup, Xiven's solution worked. For some reason I got sidetracked with Wolf87's suggestion, and ended up barking up the wrong tree.

I do have it all sitting on my hard drive right now waiting to be burned.

Don't know what I was thinking, I just missed something that was right in front of me. Go figure. ;(

Thanx for the help guys!