Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JP-

nForce

Hi, has anyone seen any preview benchmarks of this chipset? or does anyone know how it performs?

In comparison to a geforce 2 it is 20% slower, a geforce 2 MX it is 20% faster.

It gives CPU a little boost with DASP.

It has 4.2 GB/s memory transfer rate (twice as much as regular 266DDR) if you use two identical DIMMS

Audio, its better then anything currently available, including audigy. with DD 5.1 encoding yay!!!

combine this thing with a geforce3 and 1.4 GHZ thunderbird and you got the ultimate gaming rig, thats for sure!

I plan on buying it. Just gotta see if there are any problems.

Yeah sure it sounds good on paper but i wont be using the onboard gfx or sound. I just want to know if it is really as fast as it 'should' be.

I would wait first to see if there is appropriate support for it, namely XP SP1 smile Put it this way, if your hardware works with no probs under W2K, then you are guaranteed a solid XP platform.

Look how long it took to include ATA100 support in W2K, or how many patches and tweaks are for NVidia cards and AMD CPUs under W2K. Did you see anything close to this in Intel's case?

Your right, it does take more patching to get an amd system working but its worth it smile

Anyway, im planning to get an upgrade soon and i think it will have to be either the dual chan nforce or the kt266a, but i guess its to early for benchmarks of either frown

BTW intel have had a few mess ups recently ;(