Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pmistry

WinXP upgrade poll

1. 1. Sharepoint migration 2010

• Migrating to Sharepoint 2010

wooooo! i account for 20% of the vote smile come on get with XP

I'll be dual-booting between XP/2000 for a looonngg time to come. I'll never used Home. Ever.

XP 64-bit is a version of XP written for Itanium - I think at the moment, there are only plans to release a server version.

First beta release is (I think) due to be release at the same time as XP 32-bit versions are being released.

AndyF

actually, I should say I'll be holding out on PURCHASING my own until the HAMMERS are released.

As it stands, I'm running the REAL Professional Corporate Edition(i.e. not the hacked ***** ver.) from MSDN distribution.

I'll be running it until then, so long as I don't find out it's timebombed.

I don't know if it's upgrading, I have to format anyway with my new rig I'm building.

if XP Pro can do what I needed from 2000 Server(and I believe it can, since I no longer need DHCP or DNS due to my router--only need to claim several IP addresses)....I'll go with it instead.

Yeah quite alot of us are actually smile Thing is though im seriously considering going back to 2000 for the time being frown

I got to be the one "Jumping to Linux". Yay for being "1337". Only partially true, of course. I'm sticking with Win2K Server for a long time to come, but I have a lot of faith in a new Linux distro, so I'll be getting my dual-bootie* action on. I need to become an RHCE for a job I want anyway.

-bZj

*Dual-booting until I get a new machine built, then this old clunker gets to be the 'test' box.