Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HELLBRINGER

newbie question... sorry, how do i make a domain on my netwo

i need to make my network a domain, i have 2 win2k servers and i want to unite them with cluster services, but it says i need a win2k domain, how the hell do i make an nt domain?

thanks

run dcpromo.exe in command prompt.

this will promote your server to a domain controller.

or

oyu can run server configuration in the administrator tools or control panel.. couldn't remember.

p.s. make sure you have a correct name in your computer before promotion.. if you type in the wrong name, there is no way to turn back.

never mind i figured it out lol...

can anyone help me with simple ISA server stuff? I'm just learning it now... Ohhh fun! Does it have its own web server? Or do I need to keep IIS if I want a webserver but tell it not to listen on ports...?

Thanks!

Domains are much cooler than those lame *** workgroups! smile

ISA only helps you to do the authurication thing..

you still need IIS to host web service

ok thanks....

and how the hell does people on my network check mail? Everything connects to the internet except mail... Hotmail and such works, but our isp mail doesnt, and i know it works. For some reason its getting blocked or something... i have tried tons of things and i cant figure out why it wont let us check mail... i know it uses port 25 for smtp and port 110 for pop3... I tried adding those in like I did for the webserver but it didnt help.

how do i fix this?