Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RaK

Connection sharing under XP

Has anyone heard of a good connection sharing program that works with XP ?

Sygate / Wingate don't seem to work and the built-in ICS kinda sucks frown

Windows XP has ICS built-in.

***Edit***

Shows how well I read. I didn't notice your comments on the built-in ICS support. Oh well. If you are using dial-up, I believe there are some third party products that will work. You may want to check the compatibility list on the front page of this site. For DSL or Cable, using either a LinkSys or D-Link router will be your best bet. Now, if you have an USB broadband modem, you'll have to go with a software solution for now. Several companies are working on a router for USB modems, but I don't think any of them have come out with one. Check with LinkSys, they are the most recent ones I've seen working on it.

8)

i have EXACTLY the same question than RaK : i want a proggie to share my internet connection, but N.O.T ICS, because it doesn t allow passive mode, and it's limitated...

I tried Sygate, Winroute (Makes CRASH WinXP) and Wingate... none of them worked..

Please help!

same question here :-)

For now i'm using built in ICS and it works fine. But i'd like another solution tho.

That is not a solution, and i add that i don t either want to buy a router... it MUST be a solution, like there was a solution in WinME that was to use Winroute... maybe a later version..