Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pikapan

Saving Files in IE6

Does anyone know how to save files in IE6? For example, if there's a link to an mp3 on a page, when I left click on it, I'm given the choice to play it in IE6 or in Winamp and that's it. The file'll play but the only way I can save it is for me to manually go to the IE temp file cache and copy it out of there. When I try right clicking on the link and choose "Save target as..." it just saves me a copy of the webpage that I'm on instead of the mp3 itself. The link is a direct link to the mp3 and not some temporary go-between page. Never had this problem with IE5.5, only started after I switched to IE6. Now I'm stuck using Netscape when I try saving files.

Have you kept IE5.5 backed-up?

Try Uninstalling IE6, It should tell you there if you can roll back to IE5.5

I have had problems with IE6 aswell, I am unable to even select "Save Target As", also Download Accellerator stopped working, Webscanx.exe for Mcafee VirusScan (Scans Download Files, Web Pages ect...) was closed down every boot because of errors.

So i have rolled back to IE5.5 SP2, thank god i kept the uninstall info.

I mean what does IE6 really have to offer? I didn't notice any performance increase, feels the same, oh except the cookie filtering, thats cool.

Anyway,

Hope you sort it out.