Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pr-man

Easy Cd-creator 5 platinum and XP no go HELP

Ok I installed easy cd creator 5 and then the 5.02 update but when i run it it says some engine initialization error. I have cdrwin working fine. Any ideas?

Easy CD is quite fussy - I got this from the Roxio Website:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Q. Is Easy CD Creator compatible with XP?

A. Easy CD Creator 5.1 Platinum will offer XP support. This version

will be available in retail stores soon after the release of XP. For

customers that own older versions 5.0, 4.X or 3.X, Roxio will offer

upgrade options to 5.1. We will post information, as we get closer

to the XP launch.

On my computer it works without a flaw but I don't use either DirectCD or Take Two because these are troublesome to say the least !

Ah here you go:

However, you will not be able to use the current version of DirectCD

due to a driver conflict with XP.

So there don't install Take Two or DirectCD !

To check your writer is compatible go here:

http://www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/cdrdatabase/database.jhtml

Also just to be contraversial - don't install the patch to 5.02 and see if it works then as I never bothered and it seems to be fine !

Hummm, sub-par piece of crap, hummm.

Well, I've used EasyCD since version 1 (The version that shipped with my 2xwrite/4xread HP Writer) and I've never used anything else, well except for the newer versions of course.

Never had a single problem with it, always does what I want it to do, without hassle.

Just cos I want to stick my oar in - I think that Easy CD Creator is the best software for CD burning and have used it pretty much since I had a 2x Ricoh CD Writer !!

Anyways, as AlecStaar pointed out, and as the Roxio site says, Direct CD doesn't work in XP and we already know that Take Two doesn't work in 2000 so we assume the same in XP. So as long as you DON'T INSTALL DIRECTCD OR TAKE TWO then it will work perfectly. Which is what I did because I don't use those two facilities of the software (phew!) - and it's been working ever since I installed it.

Anyways, problem solved (or at least identified) and hopefully there will be patches to follow.

thx I got it working. By the way, after usingit with all the programs that come intergrated in it. I think easy cd-creator 5 Kicks ***.

thx I got it working. By the way, after usingit with all the programs that come intergrated in it. I think easy cd-creator 5 Kicks ***.

um.. i use CD creator when i got my first burner too. However, later i use Nero and i never use CD Creator again.

Nero is an EXCELLENT CDR burning program. In situations that would make EZCD freeze or error out. Nero just kept on going. I've never had the reverse happen. Also it always seems to be EZCD that has problems with Windows. Not Nero.

Nero is great. smile