Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
emthompson

I need some advise.

First off I know that this really isn't the right forum for this but I know you guys know your stuff and I wanted your opinion.

I have a 1.4 t-bird w/SK-6 heatsink right now with a delta on it. It is running at about 114 with no case fan. I was looking into getting an adapter for the SK-6 but all of the reviews I have read have said that it is a waste of money.

I would like to know what people are running on their SK-6's. I am just looking to get the noise down.

I'm not going to overclock so droping the temp is not a big deal. I think that the exaust fan im going to add in the back will help with droping the heat a bit anyway.

So I just want to know what fans are being used on the SK-6 and what the temps are to go along with them.

I hope 114 is in Fahrenheit, cos otherwise your $hit would melt, lol.

What's 114 in Celsius, btw?

I had a delta 60mm on my SK6 with an athlon 1.4@1.575 and the temps reched about 43degrees C under full load, but i do have quiet a lot of case fans which helped alot.

I also tried an 80mm delta on it but it wasnt as good as the 60mm. For quietness there are a few fans you can try, i like the YStech ones as the push a decent amount of air and are nothing like a delta noise wise (thank god).

Here are the stats for the fans smile

Delta 60mm

Output - 37.6CFM

Decibels - 46.5dBA

YSTech 60mm

Output - 26CFM

Decibels - 36dBA

Obviously temps would be higher but it shouldnt be that much if you get an exaust fan to go with it smile I would say probably about 50degrees C with that fan. Damn those 1.4s just put out too much heat!

Hope this helps you a bit.