Compatible Support Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Brian Frank

Scammed!!!

I fell for a con game yesterday. Called up with a promotion for owners of credit and/or debit cards with Visa, Master Card, Discovery, and a few others I can't remember.

Free watch and 3 mags for 4 months with purchase of US News for 24 months. I started to get a bad feeling later in the day, and called them to verify their location.

To you S.O.B.s from Consumer Readers Service: 'Robert','Lori','Vallery', and your cohorts I have a big **** you for you cons. I sincerely hope that your collective *** is busted and you rot to death in prison!mad

I've done some precautionary measures to cover myself, and am keeping an eye on my accounts. You bastards haven't gotten my money yet, and I'll make sure it stays that way.

Well, it's the Consumer Reader(s) Service. They claimed to be from Stockton, CA--which does exist. AFAIK, they're not. Checked the BBB, used Yahoo to track them down---and they don't exist.

The number they gave me has been disconnected (FYI:1-800-235-0349). I reported them to the anti-fraud site Fraud. I also went to my bank to take action. We destroyed my current debit card and put a stop transfer on for suspiscious transactions. I'm keeping tabs on-line on my account so I can pull out attempts to get the money otherwise ASAP. I have a bank debit card with Visa credentials.

I distinctly remember this "offer" for randomly selected users of Visa, Master Card, and Discovery, but I think there were others too. Credit cards and debit cards don't make a difference. They said Visa knew about it, but I found nothing about it on their site.

Well, well, well. I finally got ahold of them and was able to cancel the deal. I know there's a time zone difference, but give me a break! Not getting ahold of them until 5pm Indiana time is crap. If anybody was there, they weren't pickin' up the phone! They still seemed iffy to me, so I'll keep an eye on them.